Tuesday 28 May 2013

Conscience and Moral Judgement

We have been studying Conscience and Moral Judgement.

I think conscience is what tells us right and wrong.

I will be using the moral decision making process to respond to the following situation.
A friend of yours, who is also a popular and well-known student, boasts to you that he/she has managed to steal a copy of the semester science exam. He/she is prepared to sell it to anyone for $10.00. This test has a 50% weighting on the overall result. What do you do? Would you buy a copy for yourself? Would you report the incident?
The issue in this situation is she stole the science exam and now selling the answers for $10.00.

It is important because she has stolen and selling for a profit.

My decision will affect our friends and her reputation at the school.

The choices I could make are tell a teacher or a parent, try and talk to her and stop her.

The likely consequences for each choice are if i tell someone she could probably get expelled or in really big trouble and if i talk to her she put the test back.

My family and friends would tell me to talk to her and sought it out. 

Jesus would tell me to be good and do the right thing.

Which of the virtues of faith, hope and love, wise judgement, courage, justice and wholeness relate to this situation?
Hope, Courage and Justice

The church teaches me that doing the wrong thing could lead to bad consequences.

Therefore, the decision I would make is to talk to her and let her know what she is doing is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment